Thursday 8 December 2011

It is not a TAG


Very similar type of project to working on Tags, My bunting has been a feature of our displays since 2008 and some of the original still looks good despite being up and down at the NEC and other shows. Janet Pelling asked me if her art group could come and make bunting together at the studio. So that was my cue to revisit this old favourite. So here was I with a room full of ladies who had really not done any stamping so need to keep it fairly simple but ensure they got good results

  1. We use OHS stamping card (that always help beginners get a more consistent good result).
  2. We used Versamark through out, slow drying and very forgiving (not mention relatively clean).
  3. We added colour with Pentel watercolour pastels (stamping is all about picking your own colour scheme).      These are my samples, I decided to focus on the stamp images we have that give a look of fabric.
 I did use a bit of clear embossing powder and some white. Loved the effect chalk has on the embossing powder.




5 comments:

Lizzy R said...

I love that Scroll Stamp, is it on your website?

Lynnda said...

Hi Lizzy, Thanks for stopping by again. Love this scroll is is very versatile.
The stamp is called Walesby Flourish and comes in two sizes here is a link to the smaller http://www.oakhousestudio.com/ourshop/prod_1409557--Medium-Walesby-Flourish-stamp.html

Elaine said...

Ooh they look good - love the combination of colours and choice of stamps.

Dawn said...

Lovely!
Hugs
Dawn xx

tabbitha said...

I love the striking black, white and red ones in the studio but it is nice to see some similar ones in a softer palate