Saturday 4 July 2015

Stampbord wall hanger with Sunflower Stamp

Inspired by Kath Stewart's project on the blog a few weeks ago I wanted to make a walling hanging with some stampbord. This is a project from the One stamp challenge we did back in June, It took me till today to get the final photos. I will let you into a little secret.... I still haven't stuck the stampbord on to the ribbon.... Think I will wait until it is ready to go on the wall so I can optimise the spacing.



When I first discovered stampbord that graduated colour in the background would have taken some time to produce, I would use 3 or 4 ink pads and build the colour in layers. I did get quite good at this and was often asked to demo this technique. But now with the triple colour ink pads it is so much easier, I tried to video the technique this time but we had lots of technical issue, so maybe that will have to be something to share with you in the future.

So let me just tell you I used 3 ATC stampbord, two ink pads and two stamps. 
I used the triple sunshine yellows ink pad to create the background. I simple tapped the ink pad around  the edge of the stampbord. YES the ink pad is applied directly to the stampbord, no special applicators. Once I was happy with the background colour I heat set it using my heat tool.


Then I stamped the word stamp onto one ATC using Sienna Pigment ink  and Pearl Gold embossing powder to highlight the words.
With all three ATCs lined up, the sunflowers are stamped with the small sunflower again using the sienna ink pad. I used masking to create the cluster,
 Again I heat set this ink from these.


I added the sunshine lines with a scratch tool into the negative space of the design.

 Tomorrow I will FINALLY draw the winner of the stamps from the ONE STAMP challenge, sorry for all the delays, but most of you know at least some of the issues going on round here. Lets just enjoy our crafting that is what I say. I hope you are enjoying your Oak House Studio stamps.

Lynnda x




9 comments:

Kaz H said...

Gorgeous will have to have a go :)

Mrs T said...

Gorgeous work, I am loving Stampbord xx

Mrs T said...

Gorgeous Colours and loving the Stampbord x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colours and loving the Stampbord x

Redanne said...

Your technique looks wonderful on the background and I do love that sunflower stamp! Anne xx

cr@fty said...

Sunflowers are my favourite flowers and I love what you've done with yours it's beautiful! X
Hugs
Heather T

sharon said...

That's gorgeous Lynnda

rachel said...

this is absolutely fabulous Lynnda - really gorgeous - the colours are fabulous! Hugs rachel x

Tracey said...

I love the colours and how you've matched the flower onto the boards. I think stampbord had better go on my 'want' list now I've seen the bright colours and the way you can scratch designs into it. Gorgeous triple wall hanging