Thursday 18 June 2015

Sunflower stamp wallhanging: Words to live by

Here is another sunflower project using the  Large and the medium sunflower stamps.

I used some mount board that had been cut down to 6x4 inches.
I applied some texture paste to two opposite corners. I stamped into this with the large sunflower stamp, and left it to dry. then I sprayed the whole thing with Simply Chocolate Ink in a bottle. 
Whilst I had the ink out I dyed some Rats Tail to use later to hang it up. 

Once dried, I added the words stamped on to some accounts paper with Sienna Pigment ink and tore out the words.
The sunflowers were made by stamping with copper detail embossing powder on the old book paper. This was then sprayed with Simply Chocolate Ink In a bottle and left to dry. They were cut out and mounted on to the board.
I used my cropodile to punch two holes and add the dyed Rats Tail.
I enjoyed this one, possibly because it was a messy one.
Keep the comments coming. I still have more sunflower posts to add, so your comments all count.
Lynnda x




10 comments:

Redanne said...

Oh I do like this Lynnda, the messier the better for me and this is gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx

Tracey said...

I tried using UTEE but couldn't get it right at the weekend; I think I should have used a texture paste after seeing your beautiful plaque. Thanks for the inspiration

Elaine said...

Love this one - great texture and sentiment too!!

Unknown said...

looks fab and very tactile x

Jane said...

What great texture,it looks like real chocolate!

Kath Stewart said...

love this Lynnda....love the chocolate colour xxx

Lynnda said...

UTEE is fun too, I think the key is gentle heat xx

Yvonne said...

Lovely. Love the colour. And the sentiment.

rachel said...

this is awesome lynnda - I love the stamping into the texture paste - brilliant xx

Tracey said...

I like the idea of dying the string the same colour as the artwork, simple idea when you think of it but i'd never have thought of it so thanks for the idea