Saturday 13 August 2016

Take 5 - A Million Thank You's


Another Take 5 Challenge post from me today.  School holidays are here and I have three of my grandchildren staying for the week which means I don't get much crafting done.  Today I had a few cards to make so involved the children by getting them interested in getting messy.  We got out the shaving foam, some Oak House Studio PURE colour chemistry inks and pieces of card and made some colourful background cards.  The children lost interest once theirs were done and went off to catch a few Pokemon.  They left me to play and I made the tag and card with the inky backing card for the WORDS Take 5 Challenge.

I am sure you all know how to make a background using this technique, here are a few pictures of the process (me showing them what to do), we all had fun getting messy and I forgot to take a photo of the card I coloured but you can see the beautiful swirls of colour in the card and tag.



I was very please with the A4 piece I made and I cut it up to make a tag and a 15cm x 15cm card.  White gesso was stencilled onto the background, when dry I stencilled some areas with sea blue and  spring green pigment inks and stamped the rose element from the texture elements stamp set using pigment ink and stamped the men's words and women's words sentiment stamps in black Archival ink to give me a crisp stamp over the gesso.
 

The tag was matted onto a piece of black card, and the card panel was matted onto black and layered onto white card. 

Sylv xx

No comments: