I am starting today's post with projects that spanned the Saturday Night and Sunday morning. I have really begun to enjoy the effects I can get with the Oak House Studio stamps and Polymer clay. Since getting to know Tracey Spurgin and then Debbie Carlton I have an eye on what texture any new stamp will create. Despite Clematis Tower being one of my favourite stamp this is the first time I have worked with it as a texture. For this weekend I decided to "use up" some clay I had used but cured as part of a workshop. The colours had started to get mixed so I engaged Martin is blending these together. It was not my usual brand of clay and the condition was a bit of a pig, probably made worse as one colour was pearl which seems to make the clay more brittle. I spent far too long condition this clay but at the end of Saturday it was probably the mindless sort of thing I needed to do. I pressed two larger flowers and one full Clematis....I was thinking a broach and pair of earrings. I got these trimmed of of the excess clay and left them over night. On Sunday morning I began by "part curing" the shapes in a spoon to give them some dimension. At which point I was starting to wonder about how long it would take to dig out my oven to finish the job. I knew Tracey would have her oven on that day so part of me thought I'll ask Tracey when I remembered my Melt Pot is ideal for curing small pieces like this...So I did out the Melt Pot, only to discover I had left it full of UTEE. So I set about getting that out. I was just picking up the tray to tip out the last bit when I thought Hang on another project here, so put back just a little more UTEE and grabbed a cutter and poured it on to my stamp.
Both pieces where finished with rub on waxes. Oh yes those earrings...seems I got a bit clever and snapped a piece off one large flower so I grouped them all together to make one larger deeper broach. There are more One Stamp Projects to post but I have 20 minutes to get ready to go to Hull for Business Week so more later.