Tuesday 8 April 2008

THE weekend

We had a great weekend. The focus being a new papercaft show in Hull. We have played at these things things, but this was our first serious show. The main feature of our stand was of course Oak House Studio stamps. We did manage to get 10 colours of embossing powder packaged and labeled too. This involved pleading with our jar supplier to express the right size out to us, lengthy negotiations over labels, when the one we originally chose months ago was discontinued.
The whole week was busy preparing for the show and still we weren't quite ready.
My family were a great help not only doing jobs at short notice but also putting up with me very anxious about it all.
I can't thank my friends enough for all their help which entailed supplying chocolate when my hormones decided to kick in two days before the show, filling jars with embossing powder, bagging and labeling acrylic blocks with Martin for company (that is a friend), making great samples of cards and boxes and bows. Turning up on the day, and talking to customers and keeping me calm (well at least trying).
One of the best moments for me on Sunday came when I took a moment to look back at the stand after talking to a designer I knew from another company. Everyone on the stand was talking to someone, and the enthusiasm in their voices was amazing. For me to talk about the stamps and how you can use them is one thing, but my friends had all bought these stamps before they knew they were mine and here they were telling other people how great they are with such passion, it was a great feeling.
So for every minute of their time they gave me to help with Sunday, the moment that gave me most joy was that one.
We had a super day and sold out of the clematis tower stamp quite early, so we sent the customers down to Paper Roses as we knew they had new stock, but they sold out too. In the end we were both taking orders and came home to find more orders waiting for us.
So what am I doing now, well that is obvious, think about the next show after all we only have 31 days to Port Sunlight Stamping Show.

No comments: