Wednesday 8 October 2014

Create a Picture with Rubber Stamps

Hello everyone hope you've had a wonderful weekend.  Today I'm going to show you how to create a picture using rubber stamps.  In the picture below I have used the Scroll Frames rubber stamp as an edge to a page in my journal.  I stamped it with the midnight ink pad  and then used a damp paint brush to move the ink around the swirls to add some shading to them.  I've added some pink highlights with some neocolor II water soluble wax crayons and added some black dots with a copic pen.  

The trees I made using one of the 2 inch Journal Circles and added colour with the wax crayons.  The dots, edge of the circles and the tree trunks were painted with the black acrylic ink to which I added some white acrylic paint to make them 'pop'. 

For the grass I used the fir sprig stamp from the Big Christmas Collection and stamped it using the spring green ink pad.  



This young lady was a happy accident.  I was playing around with the stamps as you do when you first get them and as I stamped the larger of the scrolls I thought 'oh hello' this looks like curly hair.   I added some more 'curls' with the smaller swirl and hey presto a full head of curly swirly hair.  Don't you love happy accidents?


Thank you for popping over and reading my post. 
Have a wonderful week crafting.
Anita

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Fabulous artwork, love the swirly hair and great colours used in your projectsxx

nzillingworth said...

I WOULD NEVER HAVE THOUGHT TO USE THE STAMP THIS BUT IT DOES LOOK SO GOOD BRILL JOB