Saturday 12 July 2014

A card from Barbara Cleggett

I saw my Valentine Ink Chemistry Pad and then with the Walesby Heart, combined the two for this card.
Stamped up 4 small and one large Heart and heat embossed with the silver detail Embossing Powder. This is one of my favourites when you have fine detail in the stamp.
 Now back to the card......First I cut an aperture from the card base. Then I distressed the edges with Valentine Ink pad and coloured the hearts. I cut a 2nd large heart using the 1st as a template. Doesn't have to be too fussy as it will be on the back of the "posh" one! After cutting I stamped and coloured as the first.
Now for the assembly.......I had some invisible thread but cotton will do. Cut a length the height of the card plus a bit and lay across the back of one of the hearts, which has wet glue on it. Pair up with the other heart. Hold together to ensure the thread is in centrally. 
Working on the back of the card centralise  the heart and secure the thread at the top and the bottom. You may wish to cut a piece of card to cover the workings.
The rest is straight forward........Position the 4 small hearts and add a couple of bows. I added a die cut in red card and stuck it on the inside of the card
Letters from my stash but you could stamp a sentiment as an alternative......

Hope you will join our One Stamp Challenge
Barbara C x

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

Pretty card Barbara, love the hanging heart xx

Debbie said...

So pretty.Hugs Debbie x

Liz said...

Lovely card - the hanging heart looks great! x

rachel said...

super card Barbara - lovely use of the heart stamp x

gillnstu said...

lovely effect with the hanging heart xxx

Rebecca said...

I love how the heart looks within the aperture of this card. It would make a perfect valentines card!