Saturday 12 July 2014

A special box

Lisa Here, Let me show you the special box I created for the ONE STAMP project using the Walesby Heart. 

 I have used the fabulous Ink in a Bottle ink sprays which I am becoming addicted to!!! 

I started with a ready made paper mache box and gave it a couple of coats of gesso. I sprayed it with French Lavender and French Wine Ink in a Bottle. I left it to air dry rather than force it to dry as I wanted to keep the large splodge marks that the spray had made. I really loved the coloured splats against the pure white when it was dry. 

I stamped the Walesby Heart on to the top front corner of the box and heat embossed it using Oak House Studio gold detailed embossing powder.

 I stamped the image on to all the sides of the top of the box but used it as a background stamp so the heart shape was distorted and again embossed it. 




I stamped the heart on to white linen card and heat embossed them using the gold powder and punched them out using a scalloped heart punch. 
I inked and heat embossed three paper flowers and dyed some ribbon using the metallic gold ink spray from Oak House Studio.

I arranged the ribbon, flowers and punched hearts in the opposite corner and added a metal heart button in the other corner on the top of the box to create the bingo line.

I hope you are all enjoying the weekend,  Lisa










9 comments:

Roselass55 said...

Such beautiful work.

Karen Petitt said...

That is so very beautiful, thank you for sharing! Karen x

cissylovato said...

This is beautiful. I love the colors and the swirl design.

Sylvia said...

Such a pretty box Lisa beautifully decorated with the hearts. xx

Angela Dodson said...

Ohhh pretty pretty!!

everything works so wonderfully together from the colour choices through to the overall design.

Angela
:)

Liz said...

WOW! What a super project! x

rachel said...

stunning make Lisa - absolutely gorgeous xx

gillnstu said...

beautiful project xxx

Rebecca said...

This box is absolutely gorgeous, it must have taken you ages