Sunday 13 July 2014

Gilded Cage

So how to make a wooden kit look like aged metal, it was surprising easy when I started this project I was looking to create a rusted metal look, I expected to be using gilding waxes and gesso and all sorts of messiness... but it was quicker and easier with a less is more approach you somehow find on weekends like this.
I started out by stamping and embossing on the bare MDF,
I used different powders to get a range of cour and textures.
Then I simply spray the project with some inks in a bottle to get a good base colour. I loved how it looked at this stage so got Ben to fix it together whilst I did some more blog posts etc. Looking at this morning it looked great, what do you think?




















I did go a little further and dabbed some gold acyclic ink down the outside edges. I have stopped there, it would take more embossing powder dabbed on and maybe some metallic waxes and perfect pearls or some Glorious gold Ink In a bottle.....
I hope you like it





Lynnda xx

10 comments:

Barbara said...

Looks absolutely amazing!

Elaine said...

This looks absolutely fabulous and I bet it looks better in real life with all that texture and shine!

Angela Dodson said...

How beautiful is that!!??

Fantastic!!

Angela
:)

Roselass55 said...

Gorgeous Gilded Cage.

Liz said...

Stunning - love it!

gillnstu said...

fantastic project Lynnda, looks stunning xxx

Rebecca said...

I love this :)

rachel said...

a great project - looks fab Lynnda x

Sylvia said...

Amazing project Lynnda xx

Cazzy said...

That really worked, it looks like metal and is very beautiful!